MSN/Hotmail login error

Report problems with POP Peeper

MSN/Hotmail login error

Postby Kojun » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:58 am

I just installed POP Peeper v 3.7 and can retrieve messages from my Gmail and Yahoo accounts, but I get a login error message from my MSN Hotmail accounts. I have Zone Alarm firewall--could this be the problem? I have been able to retrieve Hotmail messages on another computer, which doesn't have Zone Alarm.
Kojun

Re: MSN/Hotmail login error

Postby JRF » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:06 pm

Kojun , welcome to the POP Peeper Forums ! Please reply .

1- confirm the computer you have access to Hotmail is also via PP 3.7 .
-- if so , verify on both computers these accounts are equally defined (R-click the account name > select Edit) .

2- confirm you have the latest Webmail (click Help > About-PP > mark the last two boxes > click Check Version) .

3- when you get the error , click over the yellow{!}icon on Status Bar , copy+paste here the full error text .

4- if you have ZA Pro verify in (Incoming + Outgoing Email protection) if you have these Hotmail addresses defined .
• (PP + IMAP + Send)=381 Web=3808 PPT=38 SSL=1005 Voice=3 Chime=3 Skin=36 PP-Add-on-Pack=3 • XPproSP3 • Fx=1301 Opera=1162 [IE=80] • Online-Armor=5501616 • CPU=1.2GHz • RAM=2.5GB •
JRF

Re: MSN/Hotmail login error

Postby Kojun » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:02 am

Thanks for your help. I discovered the problem--in setting up MSN accounts in PP you have to use your entire address as the log-in name , e.g. maria@msn.com, not just maria. In Yahoo, you just use the part before the @. I love PP and have used it for years--Kojun
Kojun

Return to Tech Support