Network shared folder not valid as a backup location for POP Peeper backup utility

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
killme

Network shared folder not valid as a backup location for POP Peeper backup utility

Post by killme »

pop peeper folder invalid.png[/attachment]I was trying to backup PP using POP Peeper Backup/Restore utility. The backup location is my Synology NAS so the syntax looks like this: \\R2D2\home\Drive\Backup\PP_Backup_20240506.zip

I get an error message saying: "Folder Invalid. Please enter the full path to backup the files."
pop peeper folder invalid.png
pop peeper folder invalid.png (4.55 KiB) Viewed 151 times

I guess POP Peeper wants a local folder. While it'd be nice to have support for network shared folders :D :wink: , the error message makes it unclear what exactly the problem is. :idea:

Thank you for reading.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Network shared folder not valid as a backup location for POP Peeper backup utility

Post by Jeff »

I'll take a look at this. In the meantime (depending on what the problem is, but I suspect it's just a very simple "does it look like a valid path" problem), you should be able to map a network drive and this would allow you to use backup/restore using the mapped drive.
killme

Re: Network shared folder not valid as a backup location for POP Peeper backup utility

Post by killme »

Mapping the network share worked. Thanks.